Divorce Attorney Serving Rochester WA
Divorce Lawyers Near Rochester, WA
Divorce can be emotionally taxing; so let the experts in family law from Cordes Brandt PLLC assist you during this important time of transition for you and your family. Every family in Rochester, WA is different, so each divorce case will be different. Our experienced divorce attorneys will walk you through the process of what needs to happen, while making sure you and your rights are protected.
Experienced & Knowledgeable Divorce Lawyers
If you are near Rochester, WA, and it’s time to start divorce proceedings, the divorce lawyers from Cordes Brandt PLLC are here for you. We handle every case we take on with compassion, sincerity, and professionalism, so you know that you and your children are in the right hands.
Experienced Family Law Attorneys in Rochester, WA
Do you need a divorce or annulment? What about the kids? The experienced family law lawyers at Cordes Brandt PLLC near Rochester can answer these questions and any others you may have regarding your specific family dynamic.
Divorce or Annulment:
An annulment is a cancellation of the marriage, making it as if it never happened. A divorce is an end to the marriage, making both parties single again. An annulment is usually much more difficult to attain than a divorce, because one of the following must be proven:
- One or both parties were under the age of 18 at the time of marriage, and no parental consent was given.
- Forced consent
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Physical or mental incapacity
- An inability to consummate the marriage
Divorces are either fault or no-fault. You can file for a no-fault divorce for the following reasons:
- Irreconcilable differences
- Irretrievable breakdown
At-fault divorces must be proven or agreed upon by both parties. These reasons can include:
- Mental illness
- Drug and/or alcohol addition
- Force/fraud to obtain marriage
- Marriage between closely related family members
- Physical abuse
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
Separating Liability and Assets
The division of assets and liabilities is usually one of the most difficult parts of divorce, especially if it was a particularly long relationship or children are involved. The divorce lawyers at Cordes Brandt PLLC are experienced and able to protect your rights and assets and divide your marital assets fairly.
If the assets were attained during the marriage, then they may need to be split between the parties. Some of these instances include:
- Who stays in the marital home?
- Do you have properties that need to be separated?
- Bank accounts
- Retirement funds
- Airline miles
- Credit card points
- Other types of debts/assets
A lot of time can be spent fighting over assets, so we help guide you through the process, minimizing wasted time, and making sure your assets are secured.
Child Support and Child Custody
Child custody and child support are two of the most important parts of your divorce to settle, and it can be difficult because of the emotion involved. The experienced divorce lawyers at Cordes Brandt PLLC can assist with this delicate part of the process. The courts’ goal is to rule in favor of what is best for the child/children, so some of the following factors are evaluated:
- Child preference: If the child is at least 12 to 14 years of age, they can choose a preference for which parent they want to primarily live with.
- The relationship with each parent: the quality and depth of each parental relationship is measured and evaluated.
- The mental and/or physical ability of the parent: the parent with primary custody must be physically and mentally able to care for the child/children.
- Work: The amount of time necessary to maintain the parents’ career is a factor.
- Education: The child’s educational needs must be able to be met by the parent with primary custody.
- Abuse: Any instances of documented physical or mental abuse are considered during custody evaluations.
Contact Cordes Brandt PLLC | Experienced Divorce Attorneys
If you are considering a divorce and you live in the Rochester area, contact Cordes Brandt PLLC at 360-357-7793. Our experienced attorneys have been serving the area for over 70 years. Let us help you today.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.